Personal Care: How to help elderly relatives get dressed
Please note: this information was correct at time of publishing (24th March 2020).
Share this video:
“Hello my name is Jenna. I work for www.caresourcer.com as part of the care matching team. Before I started this role, I was a carer and also a team manager.
You might need to help and support a loved one to get dressed. Here are some top tips on how to do this:
- It’s usually easier if the person getting dressed is sitting down.
- Make sure you’ve got enough space to kneel down near them, as you you don’t want to bend over or stretch or hurt your back.
- Make sure you can move up and down without bending your back too much.
- People when older are generally less mobile. So get their head in first, followed by their arms.
- Finally, make sure to apply any creams they use before putting clothes on.
It’s that easy!”
At Care Sourcer we understand there is a lot for you to think about at the moment, we will therefore be posting several other videos to help you through this. To find out more, go to www.caresourcer.com/corona-virus