Personal Care: How to help elderly relatives get dressed
Please note: this information was correct at time of publishing (24th March 2020).
Share this video:
“Hello my name is Jenna. I work for www.caresourcer.com as part of the care matching team. Before I started this role, I was a carer and also a team manager.
You might need to help and support a loved one to get dressed. Here are some top tips on how to do this:
- It’s usually easier if the person getting dressed is sitting down.
- Make sure you’ve got enough space to kneel down near them, as you you don’t want to bend over or stretch or hurt your back.
- Make sure you can move up and down without bending your back too much.
- People when older are generally less mobile. So get their head in first, followed by their arms.
- Finally, make sure to apply any creams they use before putting clothes on.
It’s that easy!”
At Care Sourcer we understand there is a lot for you to think about at the moment, we will therefore be posting several other videos to help you through this. To find out more, go to www.caresourcer.com/corona-virus
Unsure how to arrange care during COVID?
Our UK care experts can help you understand what type of care is available, negotiate the complexities of arranging care during the coronavirus pandemic, and even find care in as little as 24 hours if needed.
Call today for a free consultation and to learn how Care Concierge can take the stress out of finding care, starting at just £60.
Call us Monday to Friday 9am-5pm on freephone:
Care Sourcer’s team of friendly UK care experts: Becci, Kim, Elaine, Jenna