We, Caresourcer, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By using our website, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree, please do not use our website or submit any personal data through it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Caresourcer Limited, a company registered in Scotland under the Companies Acts (company number SC521303) having its registered office at 38 Castle Terrace, Edinburgh, EH3 9DR. On 25th May 2018, the Act will be superseded by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). The terms of this policy are applicable under the Act and GDPR.
Under the GDPR, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal data is that such processing is necessary for your legitimate interests and necessary for us to provide the services under our contract with you.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
information that you provide when filling in forms on our website www.caresourcer.com;
- if you contact us by phone, e-mail, social media or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- information that you provide when you subscribe to our service or submit a care request;
- information that you provide if you submit feedback to us on our services.
The information you give us may include: your name; care requirements; medical conditions; address; telephone number(s); e-mail address; date of birth; your payment card details; details of your device; and your experiences with our services.
www.caresourcer.com does not automatically capture or store personal data from visitors to the website, but may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type and version, time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions for system administration and to collate aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use analytical cookie files. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We also use strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
Functionality cookies are used on our website. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies are also used on our website. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
If you wish to delete any cookie files, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Our cookies will contain the domain name www.caresourcer.com within the file name.
You may refuse to accept cookie files by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you choose this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, please be assured that we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, destruction of or damage to such personal data.
Uses made of the Information
We use personal data (including, where relevant, any sensitive personal data/special categories of personal data) held about you in the following ways:
to provide you with our services, including matching you with and putting you in contact with potential care providers, based on the information you have provided;
- to improve our website and to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other access device;
- to improve service delivery;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you may request from us;
- to contact you for the purposes of research and surveys, if you have consented to such contact;
- to allow us to respond to your enquiries for further information;
for the purposes of providing you with information that you have requested from us;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to allow us to consider your comments, queries and suggestions and respond, if necessary;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to comply with any legal obligations;
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and conditions of website use; or
Provided you have consented at the point of us collecting your personal data, we may use your personal data to contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with offers of products and services that may be of interest to you. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving marketing information on each piece of marketing information we send to you.
Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting email@example.com. You should note that such withdrawal of consent shall not affect any processing of your personal data which took place prior to the date of withdrawal, where valid consent was in place at the time of processing. If you withdraw your consent to the processing of any sensitive personal data or special categories of personal data, you should be aware that this may restrict your ability to fully utilise some parts of our services.
We may keep personal data which we collect for up to 5 years after you cease using the services on www.caresourcer.com, for any of the purposes mentioned above.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information (where necessary) with:
- care providers, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any agreement that you enter into via our website;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Caresourcer or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, personal data held by it about you will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Caresourcer or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of participant organisations, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Where you have been provided with (or where you have chosen) a password which allows you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping the password safe and confidential. You must not share your password with anyone.
We will erase and destroy any Personal Data held relating to you on request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We aim to keep your personal data up to date and welcome any updates to your details or corrections to any inaccuracies. You have a right to request copies of the data held about you, and if information held by us is incorrect, you have the right to ask for this to be corrected. Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details. To request a copy of the data held about you or to update information, please contact email@example.com.
You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data (meaning we have the right to continue to store your personal data, but not use it). You can make such a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to requests within one calendar month.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and can contact us at email@example.com to exercise this right. You should note that we may not be able to provide all of the services available through our service if you object to the processing of your personal data.
You have the right to object to your data being used for direct marketing purposes and can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your data is removed from our marketing database at any time.